THE PURPOSE of any security survey is to provide the client with a pool of information that will be utilized in determining the status of protection in a facility or organization. The thoroughness and detail provided by a comprehensive security audit are critical in rendering a complete picture of the situation. RAMCO is recognized for its attention to detail and the objectivity of each security survey performed. We take the time necessary to assure you that nothing has been missed. While other firms may specialize in one type of facility, our diversity and experience in a variety of residential and commercial facilities lends to our expertise in covering the details others often miss.
Although the elements of each security evaluation will vary with the type of facility involved, the following are generally included:
- Sufficient on-site time to personally inspect each area of client concern.
- Physical inspection of devices and barriers, such as lighting, fences, landscaping, locks, doors, and windows.
- Examination of existing security and fire systems, closed circuit television, access controls.
- Review of daily operations, traffic flow, freight and delivery handling, personal service operations.
- Staff interviews with department heads, key workers, maintenance and security personnel. Interviews may include outside agencies, including police, fire emergency medical service, transportation.
- Review of emergency plans, training programs, employee manuals, policies, and procedures.
- Analysis of program effectiveness relating to security, prevention, emergency services, and public relations.
CLIENT NEEDS and general requirements determine the scope of the survey. Other special situations may require additional evaluation, such as the evaluation of contract security, construction security, special events security, or protection of valuable assets. Following the completion of our assessment, a comprehensive report is issued to the client, including significant information developed, and the consultant’s recommendations for problem solving.