Your RAMCO Protective officer may be the first individual that visitors see and meet when they arrive at your facility. That individual becomes the face of your business or organization, and it’s important that they match your operational culture as well as being fully trained and competent. We prepare our officers to put your best foot forward through a continuing program of supervision and training that is a model for the industry.
Setting the Standard
Training begins right after an officer joins our team. Each new officer receives a minimum of eight (8) hours of pre-licensing and assignment instruction. This state mandated training is presented as classroom lectures, and via video and interactive programs.
Ramco’s Protective also makes available a comprehensive basic continuing education program structured for the specific needs of individual client locations. This program includes:
- Electronic access control and computer/technology skills
- Extended HVAC operation and monitoring
- Elevator access control and shut down
- CPR/First Aid and Fire and Life Safety
- Alarm system monitoring
- Bicycle patrol
- Traffic control
- State-regulated fire arms testing and qualification
- Specific site post orders
Documentation and Certification of training is retained in each employee’s personnel file. This includes verification of specialized RAMCO Protective Officer University (SSOU) advanced instruction in areas from report writing to public relations. Officers receive instruction in:
- Theft prevention
- Patrol procedures
- Crowd control
- Emergency situations (fire, flood, Hurricane, biological and chemical threats)
- Homeland Security
For career-minded staff, RAMCO’s Officers continuing education assistance and tuition reimbursement for programs designed to obtain the Certified Protection Professional designation (CPP), as well as advanced management security training.
Retaining and Rewarding Quality
RAMCO Protective benefits promote job satisfaction, pride and professionalism, and employee performance.
- Medical insurance coverage (the same for Security Officers and management)
- Longevity Awards based on tenure and performance
- Free enrollment in Direct Deposit
- Non-taxable Uniform Maintenance Allowance for care and cleanliness of work clothing
- Wage increases based on performance and ability
- Multi-faceted Officer Bonus and Incentive Plans